Volunteers for this site’s three online transcription projects have made available 333 million birth, marriage and death records (1837-1983); 38 million records from parish registers (1500s and later); and entries on 32 million individuals from census data (1841-1891). Before you pay to find your UK kin, check here.
Get your British Isles genealogy questions answered in this virtual reference library of genealogical information about the UK and Ireland (GENeaology + UK + Ireland = GENUKI). Maps, how-tos, a church database, FAQs and more will jump-start your research.
Do your one-stop “shopping” here for free Canadian censuses, immigration lists, vital records, land and military files at this umbrella site.
Explore your Irish ancestry in this collection that includes 1901 and 1911 census records, census survivals (1821-1851), census search forms (1841-1851), Tithe Applotment Books (1823-1837), Soldiers’ Wills (1914-1917), and the Calendars of Wills and Administrations (1858-1922).
The pot of gold here is the free collection of some 373,000 images of birth, marriage and burial registers from the majority of Catholic parishes in Ireland and Northern Ireland, dating from the 1700s to about 1880. You can browse them by parish; click on the map at registers.nli.ie to get started.
See the rest of our 101 Best Websites for Genealogy in 2017:
- Big Genealogy Websites 2017
- Online Vital and Grave Records
- Military Genealogy Websites
- Genealogy Immigration Websites
- Genealogy Map Websites
- Old Newspaper Genealogy Websites
- Genealogy Library Websites
- US Genealogy Websites
- Websites for Sharing Your Genealogy
- Online Genealogy Technology Tools
- UK & Irish Genealogy Websites
- International Genealogy Websites
- Genealogy Social History Websites
- Online Genealogy Tips and Help
- 101 Best Websites for 2017 main page