Fans of the hit TLC series “Who Do You Think You Are?“, rejoice! The star-studded tenth season has been announced, and will begin airing on Monday, May 21.
Each episode of “Who Do You Think You Are?” follows a celebrity to libraries, cemeteries and ancestral hometowns where, with the help of Ancestry.com and historians, they uncover their ancestors’ stories. (The show is an adaptation of a British show of the same name.)
Who you can expect to see
- Fans of the recently revived “Will and Grace” will be thrilled to hear that Megan Mullally will be featured this season. The actress will uncover a dark case of domestic abuse within her father’s line, but also an amazing tale of perseverance.
- We’ll travel to Ireland with Molly Shannon, as she learns of religious persecution and near starvation in her family’s past. The actress lost her mother at a young age, and is hopeful to learn more about her maternal line.
- Jon Cryer of “Two and a Half” men will take us to Boston, where he learns the harrowing tale of his nine times great-grandfather who served as an indentured servant.
- The show will follow Jean Smart on a wild adventure involving a family crime ring and an arrest for witchcraft.
- Hilary Duff will not only trace her ancestors back to medieval Scotland, but also will discover royalty in her lineage.
- Laverne Cox’s research will uncover an inspiring tale of her brave ancestor who built a place for himself in society, just years after being emancipated from slavery.
Watching “Who Do You Think You Are?”
You can watch full episodes of “Who Do You Think You Are?”, as well as clips of the upcoming season, on the show’s website. Subscribers to any of several TV services, including Spectrum and DirectTV (but not Netflix, Hulu or Sling TV), also can view full episodes from past seasons online. Amazon Prime members can also purchase seasons and individual episodes (of previous seasons) via their streaming service.