The American Indian Genealogy Cheat Sheet helps you research Native American ancestors with essential history; tips for finding old records; charts of major Indian tribes; best websites, books and other resources, and more.
American Indian ancestry is notoriously difficult to trace, yet many genealogists have stories of Native Americans in their family trees. This eight-page cheat sheet helps you investigate those family legends and discover your Native American heritage with essential history, tips, charts, resources and more, including:
- Five clues you may have Native American blood
- Six keys to American Indian genealogy research success
- Glossary of need-to-know terminology
- Quick guide to genetic genealogy testing for American Indian roots
- Resource listing of websites, books and organizations
- Chart of major American Indian tribes, their places or origins, removals, coverage in historical records and more
- Chart of American Indian genealogical records and where to access them
Once you download the American Indian Genealogy Cheat Sheet, you’ll need a PDF reader, such as the free Adobe Reader software, to open it. Adobe Reader is available for both Macs and Windows computers.