Trace your Jewish family history back to Europe, Africa, or the Middle East with this at-a-glance research guide to Jewish genealogy. The Jewish Genealogy Cheat Sheet compiles critical facts, tips and resources into a quick-reference format that will help you research more efficiently and effectively.
You’ll love this if:
- You’re tracing Jewish ancestors who immigrated from Europe
- You’ve taken a DNA test and discovered, for the first time, that you have Jewish ancestry
- You want essential facts and resources for Jewish genealogy accessible at your fingertips
The Cheat Sheet contains:
- a breakdown of the Jewish diaspora, with notes about how Jewish communities in different parts of Europe, the Middle East and North Africa developed
- a timeline of Jewish history in Eastern Europe
- an overview of the tools available at JewishGen, one of the most useful Jewish genealogy websites
- sources for finding the name of your ancestor’s hometown, a critical piece of information
- tips for tracking your ancestor’s hometown despite border changes and changing place names
- a roundup of key Jewish genealogy records, such as ketubah marriage contracts and yizkor books
- two key factors to consider when reviewing DNA results
- guides to Jewish names, the Hebrew language, and the Jewish calendar
- a listing of the best websites, books, archives and organizations to consult in Jewish research
The Jewish Genealogy Cheat Sheet comes in a portable PDF you can load up on your iPad, tablet or laptop for on-site research, as well as print out to keep on your desk or in your research binder for easy reference.