Trace your Louisiana ancestors with the advice and resources in our State Research Guide!
You’ll love this if:
- You’re getting started tracing your ancestors in Louisiana
- You want new ideas and resources to get past a Louisiana brick wall
- Your genealogy search is focused mainly on Louisiana
Trace your Louisiana ancestors with the advice and resources in our State Research Guide! This four page download includes:
- A how-to article detailing Louisiana’s history and records, with helpful advice on tracking your family there
- The best websites, books and other resources for Louisiana research, handpicked by our editors and experts
- Listings of key libraries, archives and organizations that hold the records you need
- Timeline of key events in the state’s history
- Full-color map to put your research in geographical context
Here’s a sampling of the helpful tips you’ll get in the Louisiana guide:
- Throughout Louisiana’s history, American Indians, Spanish, French, British, Africans, Germans, Anglo-Americans, Irish, Italians and others have created the cultural mix that gives the Pelican State its distinctive character
- In 1763, after the Seven Years’ War, France gave up its extensive American claims and Spain ended up with French lands west of the Mississippi River, including Louisiana.
Plus, each guide contains active web links for one-click access to every recommended online resource. You can view this PDF on your computer and print pages for reference.