Tuesday, August 10, 2021 7PM ET | 6PM CT | 4PM PT
Hit a genealogy research brick wall?
Merged identities are a common problem in genealogy – especially in online trees. Arranging records in a timeline and careful evidence analysis of each record can separate identities and lead to new research opportunities. Attend this live webinar and learn about sources, information, and evidence, and the power of careful analysis to find errors in research conclusions.
Learn the latest tech tools for creating detailed timelines and how careful data analysis can help you solve cases of merged identities.
Attend the live webinar and learn:
- Why merged identities happen and how they can be problematic
- Ways to create a timeline using genealogy software, tables, or spreadsheets
- Important details to include in a timeline
- How to analyze the records that support the timeline events
- How to use your timeline to find errors in your family tree and solve a merged identity
- Ask the instructor your own questions during the live Q&A session
- PLUS – all registrants receive one-year access to the webinar recording!
About the instructor:
Diana Elder AGⓇ is a professional genealogist accredited in the Gulf South region of the United States and serves as a Commissioner for The International Commission for the Accreditation of Professional Genealogists (ICAPGen). Diana authored Research Like a Pro: A Genealogist’s Guide and co-authored the companion volume, Research Like a Pro with DNA: A Genealogist’s Guide to Finding and Confirming Ancestors with DNA Evidence. She created the study group and eCourse that teach the Research Like a Pro process through videos and learning modules. Diana and her daughter, Nicole, share research tips on their website, Family Locket (http://familylocket.com/), and are the hosts of the Research Like a Pro Genealogy Podcast.