I’ve been dying to give you a look at this book by Denise Levenick, aka the Family Curator:
How to Archive Family Photos is about how to manage your collection of digital photos—of kids, grandkids, vacations, cemetery visits, microfilms, etc., etc.—which grows by the day and may be spread across multiple computers, websites and devices. You want to make sure it’s backed up, that you can find photos easily, and that future generations will be able to find their photos.
Update: Geneabloggers.com is giving away three copies of How To Archive Family Photos. Click here to enter before 12 p.m. CT on Friday, May 8.
Now that the book is available in Family Tree Shop, we can share some of Denise’s advice from the book. Today, Denise is guest posting about photo gifts you can create so your family will have access to its visual history.
Genealogists know there’s more to family photographs than the chores of scanning, file naming and organizing images. We want to get those photos out of our hard drives and into family history projects that bring life to our ancestry and share our heritage with family and friends. How to Archive Family Photos will inspire you to create new and unique photo projects with ideas, techniques and step-by-step instructions.
- If too many choices or confusing instructions have stymied your attempts at creating a family history photo book or calendar
- If your online projects seem boring or cookie-cutter and you want to add unique personal touches
- If you want to design custom photo gifts or even fabric
- If you’re looking for mobile apps to make photo books more fast and fun
. . . you’ll find ideas, inspiration, and guidance in How to Archive Family Photos Part 3: CREATE. It gives easy-to-follow, step-by-step instructions for creative photo projects on a variety of websites and apps. If you’re stumped about Mother’s Day and Father’s Day gifts, try one of these ideas:
- Custom Photo Book with Snapfish
- Auto-Fill Birthday Book with Mixbook
- Family Yearbook
- Heirloom Reproduction Book
- Photo Book for Busy People
- Grandparent and Grandchild Memory Book
- Remembering and Celebrating Book
Smartphone and Tablet Projects
- Photo Labeling with Moldiv Collage Photo Editor App
- Tombstone Enhancement with Snapseed App
- Photo Book with Mosaic Mobile App
- Family History Timeline with Treelines
- Audio Photo Book with Shutterfly Photo Story App
Card, Collage, and Scrapbooking Projects Photo
- Thank-You Card with Shutterfly Creative Effects
- Collage Mouse Pad with Shutterfly
- Holiday Greeting Card Collage with Snapfish
- Ancestor Collage With PicMonkey
- Facebook Cover Photo Collage with PicMonkey
- Digital Scrapbooking Tribute Page with Snapfish
- Wall Calendar with Mixbook
- Perpetual Celebration Calendar with AdoramaPix
- It’s a Party! Calendar
- A Year in the Life Calendar
- Kitchen Duty Calendar
Fabric and Home Décor Craft Projects
- Vintage Holiday Photo Pillow with Spoonflower & PicMonkey
- Photo Quilt Block
Next week, Denise will give you Digital Asset Management (DAM) tips. Visit Family Tree Shop to learn more about How to Archive Family Photos and how this book will help you organize your digital photos.