In honor of the 150th anniversary of the end of the Civil War on April 9, Fold3 is making its Civil War records collection free to access through April 30.
Run a search in the collection, and when you click to view a record, you’ll be prompted to set up a free basic Fold3 membership (or to sign in to your current account).
The Civil War Collection has 47 databases, including:
- Civil War Service Records (this collection doesn’t have the “Free” designation in the Civil War databases listing, but if you click it and select Union or Confederate, you’ll see that the individual states are designated Free)
- Confederate Amnesty Papers
- Letters Received by the Adjutant General
- Navy Widows’ Certificates
- Southern Claims (Approved, and Barred and Disallowed)
Start searching Fold3.com Civil War records here. Need step-by-step guidance? You can have it immediately with Family Tree Magazine’s downloadable Fold3.com Web Guide, available in Family Tree Shop.