In this episode:
- Editor’s Desk with Allison Stacy
- News from the Blogosphere
- Top Tips: Saving Yourself
- 101 Best Websites: MyHeritage
- Family Tree University Crash Course
- Safe Keeping: Archival Strategy
Your Host: Lisa Louise Cooke
The Editor’s Desk with Allison Stacy
Lisa chats with Allison about the upcoming Family Tree Pocket Reference book and the second anniversary of the Family Tree Magazine Podcast.
News from the Blogosphere with Genealogy Insider Diane Haddad
Diane gives us a rundown on recent genealogy news, highlighting the Federation of Genealogical Societies’ War of 1812 pension records digitization project.
Top Tips: Saving Yourself
In today’s Top Tips segment, author Sharon DeBartolo Carmack and Lisa talk about some of the things you can do to document your life and become the ancestor you always wished you had from Sharon’s article “Saving Yourself” in the August 2010 issue of the magazine.
101 Best Web Sites: MyHeritage
Family Tree University Crash Course
Lisa shares strategies from the Reverse Genealogy class she’s teaching for Family Tree University.
Grace provides tips for preserving items you’ve stashed away in the basement or attic. Read up on specific strategies in the article “Preservation RX” from the December 2009 issue, and download the heirloom inventory form she mentions here.
Archival supplies are available from these retailers:
- Archival Methods, (866) 877-7050
- ArchivaLife Classic set available at Family Tree Shop
- Gaylord Brothers, (800) 962-9580
- Hollinger Metal Edge, (800) 634-0491
- Light Impressions, (800) 828-6216
- University Products, (800) 628-1912
Have fun climbing your family tree!