You probably have a few genealogy tasks you’d like to accomplish in 2014—specific records to request, lines to trace, stuff to organize, photos and letters to scan, stories to share. Writing down these genealogy goals makes it a commitment. It’s the first step to making them happen.
Another step is gathering the knowledge you need to follow through. That’s where our Achieve Your 2014 Genealogy Goals Premium Collection can help with tools including our desktop calendar, How To Archive Family Keepsakes book, Time Management for Genealogists course and 2013 Family Tree Magazine Annual CD.
For inspiration as you spell out your 2014 genealogy goals, take a look at what these bloggers want to accomplish this year:
- Gena Philibert-Ortega on the GenealogyBank blog: Document the story of your home sources, share family history and conduct a review of your research to date
- Banai at The Ginger Jewish Genealogist: Catch up on publishing family newsletters, write research reports for ancestors, continue learning Russian and Hebrew, and several others
- Nick at Nick Gombash’s Genealogy Blog: write more, apply for membership in several military-related lineage organizations, focus research efforts on Polish families from two places with hard-to-access records, and others
- Emily Kowalski at The Spiraling Chains: Schroeder-Tumbush Family Trees: Scan more photos, get each grandparent’s birth and/or baptismal records, use technology tools to create family timelines, tour the Indiana State Library’s Genealogy Collection and research at the Allen County Public Library Genealogy Center in Fort Wayne, Ind.
- Renee Zamora at Renee’s Genealogy Blog: Start digitizing genealogy materials and weed out what she doesn’t need (she also reviews her progress on last year’s goals)
- Beth at Beth’s Genealogy Blog: Complete an application for membership in the General Society of Mayflower Descendants, continue regular data backups, attend two genealogy conferences, finish a project to photograph stones in a local cemetery, and several others.
The Achieve Your 2014 Genealogy Goals Premium Collection is available only in January, and only as long as our limited supply lasts, so check it out now in Family Tree Shop.