Welcome To Family Tree.
Your next great discovery awaits.
Nearly 20 years ago, when the modern genealogy boom first began, records, resources, knowledge and even technology were limited. Today, DNA testing is affordable to the masses, information is accessible at the click of a mouse, and traveling to dive into records can be done via armchair. The road to family lineage discovery has more pathways than ever before.
And just as every journey is as unique as every individuals genetic makeup, we know there is no single or right solution to map your family lineage
This is where Family Tree comes in.
Whether you are a budding family historian or an advanced researcher, we built Family Tree as a home for expert advice you can trust, a hub for discovery, and a resource destination that empowers.
We created Family Tree because we believe every birth should be celebrated, every death remembered, and every milestone honored. We know there is a story in each one of us, and a legend in every lineage. With thousands of resources, Family Tree empowers every historian and gives us all a place to belong.
- Our educational content extends beyond genealogy research to include ethnic heritage, family reunions, memoirs, oral history, archival preservation, historical travel and other ways that families connect with their pasts. We bring this rich depth of expertise to you through our bimonthly magazines, monthly podcasts, weekly newsletter, blogs, online video tutorials and more. (hyperlink to various assets)
- Our university teaches research methods for genetic genealogy, organizational tools and techniques, and various ethnicities. Designed for every type of learner: instructor-led courses, live webinars, and even virtual genealogy conferences. (hyperlink to Univ)
- Our shop is one-stop destination for a variety of products to fuel your efforts, including books, downloadable guides, quick-reference tools, webinars, educational courses and software. (Hyperlink to Store)
Our mission is to empower every historian and fuel every discovery.
We have a code we live by
Make genealogy easy.
Make information accessible.
Make the journey enjoyable.
Give history a whole new perspective.
Put knowledge to work.
Bring legends to life.
About F+W, A Content + eCommerce Company
Founded in 1920, F+W Media is the leading enthusiast media company in America with additional distribution of our content and products throughout the world. With particular expertise in e-commerce, online education and content, our mission is to inspire, educate and equip the enthusiasts we serve so they can better enjoy and excel at their passions. We serve our enthusiast communities through our, books, e-books, e-commerce stores, content websites, digital products, events, online educational services, magazines and more.
F+W is the parent company of leading brands including Writers Digest, Interweave, The Artists Magazine, Popular Woodworking, Sky & Telescope and Fons & Porters Love of Quilting. For more information, visit www.fwmedia.com.
We do it because we love it. Its part of our DNA. See the proof.
- Total of 1.2+ million genealogy books sold
- 135+ magazine issues published, to create dozens of exclusive free genealogy resources templates and generating nearly 2Million views of this resource destination.
- Over a half million downloads of 100+ podcast episodes and counting.
- 300+ educational videos produced
Join the Growing Tribe
- Be in the Know – Over 70,000 genealogists look to us every week for guidance on their continued family discoveries and exclusive deals. Join the history seekers
- Get Social with Us – Over 110,000 people follow us on Facebook followers, 30,000 Twitter followers, 8,000 Pinterest followers. Get in on the adventure
- Gain Insider Guidance. 10,000+ published pages of genealogy how-tos makes our expertise incomparable.
- Become your familys expert
Were Always Seeking Amazing New Partners (advertisers, retailers, affiliates, etc.)
Are you ready to partner with Family Tree Magazine, America’s #1 family history magazine? Please contact our national advertising sales team and download our media kit.