- Editor’s Desk
- News from the Blogosphere: RootsMagic 4
- Top Tips: Best and Worst States for Research
- Library Spotlight: Family History Library
- 101 Best Websites: World Vital Records
- Best of Family Tree Magazine: Irish Roots
- Action Items
Lisa and Allison talk about Family Tree Magazine’s free, weekly e-newsletter and the free e-book you can get right now when you sign up:Best of the Photo Detective, a 42-page compilation of Family Tree Magazine contributing editor and blogger Maureen A. Taylor’s articles and columns on how to identify who’s in mysterious old photos and when they were taken.
Genealogy Insider and managing editor Diane Haddad talks about the new features in RootsMagic 4, a new version of the software that just opened up for a free public beta test.
Read more in “RootsMagic 4 Public Beta Test Launched”
Visit the Genealogy Insider blog
As you probably know if you’ve done much US genealogy, not all states are created equal when it come to genealogical documents, resources and access. Contributing editor David A. Fryxell discusses which are the best and the worst for genealogy research, the topic of his article “States of Mind” in the May 2009 issue. Listen as David divulges the most genealogically friendly state on this month’s show.
Don Anderson, director of the Family History Library and FamilySearch Support, discusses the world largest genealogy library’s vast collection.
Links to learn more:
- Family History Library Catalog
- FamilySearch Pilot Site
- Listen to Family History: Genealogy Made Easy Episode 16 for an in-depth look at The Family History Library and more conversation with Don Anderson.
- And tune in to Episode 17, 18 & 19 for a three part series on everything you wanted to know about using the library and the Family History Centers around the world.
- Sign up for the free Family Tree Magazine E-mail Update to get a copy of the Best of the Photo Detective e-book.
- Visit the FamilySearch and World Vital Records Web sites.
- Buy the May 2009 issue to read David Fryxell’s article on the best and worst states for genealogical research.
- Order your copy of the March 2008 issue to get Sharon DeBartolo’s seven tips for Irish research in “Irish Blessings.”
- Send us feedback by e-mail
- Visit the Family Tree Magazine Forum
- Subscribe to the podcast in iTunes and view the how-to videos on the Podcast Primer page.