Welcome to the January 2017 episode notes for the Family Tree Magazine podcast. In this episode, you’ll get interviews from several experts in making this year a successful one for finding your family history.
In this episode:
- News from the Blogosphere
- Top Tips
- 101 Best Websites
- Family Tree University Crash Course
- Publisher’s Desk with Allison Dolan
News from the Blogosphere with Genealogy Insider, Diane Haddad
- Don’t use the website, use the mobile app – filter “show me hints on all the Jones” and “stories.”
- Work on one surname or person at a time.
- Ancestry casts a wide net – Quickly skim down and look for stuff that doesn’t apply, clear them out.
101 Best Websites
Family Tree University Crash Course
- Y-DNA Test: paternal line (males only) Available through Family Tree DNA
- mtDNA Test: mother’s line (less informative for genealogy) Available through Family Tree DNA
- AutosomalTest: males and females can take this test. Available through AncestryDNA, 23andMe Family Tree DNA, and MyHeritage.
Publisher’s Desk with Allison Dolan
_______________________________________________________________________________________________ Listen to Lisa Louise Cooke’s podcast, The Genealogy Gems Podcast in iTunes and visit her website for great research ideas, podcast episodes and videos.