In This Episode
- News from the Blogosphere: DNA
- Top Tips: Ancestry.com DNA Migration
- 101 Best Websites – Top DNA Sites
- Family Tree University Crash Course – Genetic Genealogy 201
- Publisher’s Desk: Allison’s Favorite DNA Resource
Your Host: Lisa Louise Cooke
News from the Blogosphere with Diane Haddad
Diane’s here to share news in the world of DNA, including updates and improvements to MyHeritage!
Ancestry DNA Migrations with Diahan Southard
Learn how Ancestry’s new Migrations tool can reveal research clues and help you put your ancestors in their place with Your DNA Guide Diahan Southard.
You can also hear Diahan regularly on the Genealogy Gems Podcast.
101 Best Websites
Family Tree University Crash Course
Kerry Scott teaches the Genetic Genealogy 201 which runs again at the end of February 2018, and includes:
- Autosomal DNA (including dealing with matches, which is often the tough part)
- Using third-party tools like GEDmatch
- Triangulation and chromosome mapping
- Autosomal DNA and ethnicity
The Publisher’s Desk with Allison Dolan
It’s time to check in at the Publisher’s Desk with Allison Dolan. Hi Allison!
Allison shares her favorite resource on DNA: The Family Tree Guide to DNA Testing and Genetic Genealogy by Blaine Bettinger