Here are Family Tree Magazines 10 must-have items to help discover, preserve and celebrate your familys historymaking you the family hero in the process.
1. For the family historian: A family tree record book is a great keepsake for recording and sharing family history in one central location. It serves as a place to track basic information and special memories, traditions, heirloom histories, family records, old recipes, important dates and more. Family Tree Memory Keeper, dozens of fill-in pages to record essential family info, convenient paperback format for writing and photocopying pages, space for mounting photos, maps to mark your family’s migration routes, tips for researching your family history. and a comprehensive list of additional resources. Give her this and Aunt Helen might finally acknowledge that you are her favorite.
2. For the autobiographer: An autobiography, or memoir journal, is a wonderful gift for anyone, but especially for an elderly relative like Grandpa Joe whos one of the last keepers of your rich family history. Record the stories of Grandpa’s life with the Story of My Life workbook. This enhanced eBook includes sections on parents, siblings, childhood, high school, career and adulthood. With this eBook’s type-and-save PDFs, there’s no need to print out paper copies; simply type answers into the forms and save for future reference, or e-mail the files to a relative or family friend.
3. For the ancestry aficionado: If a loved one is interested in sharing their roots, you can help make his or her job more efficient and accurate with family tree software. RootsMagic is an easy-to-use family tree program with extensive family history reports, multiple navigation views, photos, publishing and website creation features. Users can print complete books, charts, forms, lists and custom reports, and can create shareable CDs of their data.
4. For the nostalgia lover: For those who need a not-so-gentle reminder that the days of yore werent all rainbows and roses, consider Good Old Days, My Ass for 665 sometimes-humorous, sometimes-terrifying tidbits on life in the 18th, 19th and early 20th centuries.
7. For the tech enthusiast: Discovering images of photos and documents is a majorand excitingpart of genealogical research, but as fate will have it, sometimes the best information appears when theres no way to capture it. Help Uncle Bob gather his research on the roadat relatives homes, family gatherings and libraries, for examplewith a mobile scanner. The Flip-Pal mobile scanner is light, portable and easy to use right out of the box. Ideal for scanning photos, documents, books and items permanently mounted into albums, your Uncle will even be able to stitch together scans of large photos.
8. More for the tech enthusiast: If you give Uncle Bob a scanner, you know hes gonna want accessories: Check out this sketch kit and window protector sheets, both great accompanying gifts. And dont overlook the best add-on of all: A Flip-Pal Mobile Scanner With Creative Craft Suite 2.1 DVD will let Uncle Bob unleash his creativity to make professional-looking projects at home with PagePlus Essential Deluxe, PhotoPlus Essentials Deluxe, WebPlus Exxentials Deluxe, Digital Scrapbook Artist 2, and Slideshow Expressions.
Once Great-aunt Sue is ready to get started, Step-By-Step Family Reunion Planning will help her manage the project. This free book is full of printable documents to help her plan the perfect family reunion. It also includes free decor as well as tips on how to order family reunion t-shirts and other advice to get the party going.