You have no items in your shopping cart.
Caring for old Documents
- Remove staples, paperclips, rubber bands and metal fasteners from documents. They deteriorate and cause damage.
- Handle documents as little as possible and wear cotton gloves.
- Store flat in acid-free and lignin-free enclosures such as folders and certain types of plastics such as Mylar.
- Never laminate documents. (For step-by-step instructions on how to safely encapsulate documents instead, see the April 2001 Family Tree Magazine.)
- Keep them in a dark place with a stable temperature and humidity.
- Let professionals repair and de-acidify documents.
From the October 2001 issue of Family Tree Magazine