You have no items in your shopping cart.
Got an old recipe that calls for a pinch or a pottle? Want to know how much pepper’s in a saltspoon? Convert cryptic measurements with our equivalency chart.
- 16 dram = 1 ounce
- wine glass = 1/4 cup
- jigger = 1-1/2 fluid ounces
- gill = 1/2 cup
- teacup = scant 3/4 cup
- coffeecup = scant cup
- tumbler = 1 cup
- pottle = 2 quarts
- peck = 2 gallons (dry)
- pinch or dash = less than 1/8 teaspoon
- saltspoon = 1/4 teaspoon
- kitchen spoon = 1 teaspoon
- dessert or soup spoon = 2 teaspoons
- spoonful = about 1 tablespoon
- saucer = about 1 heaping cup
- slow oven = 300 degrees Fahrenheit
- moderate oven = 350 degrees
- quick oven = 375 to 400 degrees
- hot oven = 400 to 425 degrees
Preserve your favorite old family recipes with our type-and-save, printable Family Recipe Card Templates.
Save this article for later!