Celebrate Family History Month
The editors will select one winner based on the strength of the application to be our Family Tree Firsts Blogger. Over six months, you’ll have access to our how-to genealogy products, classes and webinars, and products, services and surprises from our partners. You’ll blog twice a week to tell the whole world about your genealogical finds, and you’ll even appear in a future issue of Family Tree Magazine!
The deadline was Oct. 31.
Celebrate Family History Month at Home!
- Get your kids or grandkids excited about Family History Month with these genealogy activities for all ages.
- Encourage children to ask older relatives about their family history by following these tips.
- Leave a family history legacy by tackling one of these 16 projects for passing on family traditions and stories.
- Honor an ancestor’s memory by visiting his or her burial site. If you’d like to remember your visit with a tombstone rubbing, make sure the stone is sound and rubbings are permitted, then follow these instructions.
- Learn about (and prepare) a favorite family recipe. Here’s the information you’ll want to find out about the dish.
Family Tree University Class for Beginners
Best for Beginners
These books and more are all available at Family Tree Shop.